Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chemical Warfare Pt.3: Weed Patch 1

Well it's done. Today I sprayed the weed patch with broadleaf herbicide. The patch wound up being bigger than I thought (nearly half the size of my garden!). However it went very quickly. I used a mixer-sprayer to spread the herbicide, and in all honesty I think it took longer to clean the sprayer than it did to spray the weeds!
I should be able to overseed the area in about a month. I will be applying grub-killer at about the same time. I'll post again after the herbicide has had it's effect, and show the weedy patch (sans weeds, of course...)
It may sound wierd, but I love the smell of 2,4-D in the morning. To me it smells like... Victory... (just kidding, actually the smell reminds me of the now gone Sand Ridge nursery. Actually the Weed-B-Gon concentrate does not contain 2,4-D but the premix that I used on my thistles does, and it smells JUST like the greenhouse.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you put it out of it's misery. Chemical warfare sounds like fun when YOU write about it!