Sunday, May 9, 2010

Burn-Down: Week 1

As you can see the burn-down is not going quite as well as can be expected... Personally I blame incomplete mixing of the herbicide and poor spraying technique. I believe I have resolved both by the simple addition of red food coloring to the mix. By mixing just enough red color into the Round-Up to make it look like cherry Kool-Aid both the spray itself and the coated plants are far more visable, and by coloring the herbicide it's easier to judge weather it's properly mixed or not. I re-sprayed the remaining green patch earlier today, and will likely seed this area sometime this week...

BTW the burn-down in the other previously pictured area is also going about this badly; I decided not to waste Google's web space by posting a picture of it. I'll post once the results are more dramatic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Better luck next time!