Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chemical Warfare Pt.2

Finally, after two weeks, the results of my burn-down are visable for all to see. I already have my seeds spread, watered-in and (in the case of the second burn-down area) mulched. Here are the results:
Burn-Down area 1:











Burn-Down area 2:

Both patches have been planted with Pennington Kentucky Bluegrass blend (like all grass seed it is mechanically mixed seed, however all of the seed in this perticular blend is varieties of Kentucky Bluegrass). The second area I mulched with partially rotted grass clippings, with less than ideal results. I decided to leave the first area unmulched for now, and hope it works out...






Next problem: Weedy patch 1
This is one of the weediest areas of my entire lawn, and not all of it fits in the picture! Mixed broadleafs dominate this area; and there is virtually no grass here. Between this and the massive mole activity (you can see at least two of the mole-tunnels I water-drilled), as well as the two that I actually saw, I think this area is infested with grubs.
The plan is to spray this entire area with a broadleaf herbicide, overseed with Kentucky Bluegrass, and in the mid-to-late summer treat the area with grubkiller... If I have to mow it anyways I may as well mow GRASS! Not weeds!

More soon, hopefully after my seeds sprout...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'll have to start calling you The Turfinator!