Sunday, September 7, 2008

Roof leaks...

Well it looks like I need to finish what I started...

Apparently we (finally) got a decent rain last night, and out of curiousity I went into the bar to see if it had leaked at all... Unfortunately it had. Oddly enough, the leaks were pretty much at the exact point where I had stopped tarring the shingles on my last pass....
Though there is little that will be damaged by the minor leaks it doesn't help with the decay situation. Now that it's starting to cool down I am running out of excuses: I need to get back up there and finish tarring and nailing the roll shingles. Until last night the sheeting had almost completely dried, and though the cool-down helps with the work involved it doesn't help drive out the water that got in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good idea to finish. (ha, ha)