Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Coal stove is complete!

Today I received a package from Rural Energy Products, which contained the correct door kit for my stove! So obviously pretty much as soon as I got home I installed it, and finally mounted the insurance-mandated wall protector...

The Harman Magnafire Mk. 1 is now complete, all that's needed now is the coal!

Hopefully this weekend it'll be cool enough out to light it for the first time, providing of course I get the go-ahead from the insurance company.

Of course, according to the National Weather Service, tonight would be the best night until late this weekend to do so (predicted low of 41 degrees). Oh well, if I can get approved by the weekend I'll probaly burn a small fire just to test it out... Hey, do you blame me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It really looks great! It would be nice to try it out though!

Rachel said...

Yay! I hope your insurance OKs it quickly!