Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Scrape -N- Survey


Well the last few days' main project has turned out to be scraping paint in the larger of the two bedrooms (which is destined to be my office/computer room). In addition to this we discovered that the chimney is unsuitable for a solid-fuel appliance AND is nessasary for the operation of the furnace... As I plan on buying a coal stove in the relatively near future I will need a new chimney, and since it will have to go through the roof the time to install that chimney is NOW, as the new roof goes on this week! So more important prep work is going to have to be delayed while I install the new chimney, however I don't see it taking more than a couple of days to do at the most... The upside is that I will get to see my attic for the first time, I'm just hoping not to find any nasty surprises up there...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

eep, good luck getting the chimney done on time!

Have fun with your attic critters... mwahahaha!